Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thanks to Dave and Rick from the new hope congregation I was able to even talk to Cary today!!! He sounds a little louder than a whisper it was great! They said since he requested them to stop the compazine(for nausea) he's been more alert. He does have a urinary tract infection theysaid probably from the catheters (in my opinion). He's on a more mild antibiotic until they can grow a culture and find out what drugs the bacteria are sensitive too. Unfortunately when you get hospital infections sometimes those bugs having been around the block can be more resistant and they said it was mentioned to possibly break out one of the big dogs(vancomycin). Ewwww... I don't like that drug. Can you tell? But.... The doctors seem to be pleased so far and I believe it won't be too long before carys waslking laps around the hallways, he's one tough cookie! Who else would be in ICU asking "when can i walk?". I think they said pain control is stilll the challenge right now. Thank you for continued prayers! I can't even start to tell ALL of you how grateful we are without starting to cry. There just aren't words to describe all the love and selflessness that has been and continues to be shown to us. God is glorified! I'll be working soMe long days so it may be a little quiet, but I'll do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment