Monday, October 5, 2009

Update #1

From Amanda via facebook:
He went in about an hour ago. The dr came right before and was pretty awesome. We met about 8 or so people who would be in the or. Only 12 more hours to go! Where's the coffee?
I've just heard from my sis via txt. Cary's been in surgery for about 2 hours now. No word on his condition, but she's in good spirit!

Via my own research, I found out this hospital is one of two in the country that performs this surgery "routinely" and is fully equipped for this type of procedure. By routinely, not as in every day, but as in the most frequent of other hospitals who perform this procedure. A special lab is required to harvest the islet cells for injection to the liver and this hospital has an in-house lab to conduct that part of the process!

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I knew Amanda and Cary back in Houston...I cannot thank you enough for the updates, I have been praying for him for months and since the moment I woke up this morning he has been in my thoughts. I so appreciate the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear!

    David and Amy Raif

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for keeping us informed! !!

    Doug and Miriam Juckett

    ReplyDelete