Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Update# 1million and five

Hi folks - This is Amanda.

I've left for the evening to spend some time on the phone with the boys on the phone.
While I'm waiting for them to get to the computer, I'll update you.

I got to bed around 1:30am to be woken up at 6:45am from the doctor.  He was calling to get my consent to take Cary back to surgery.
Cary had been bleeding all night despite the stuffings.  I felt bad, cause before he went into surgery I said, now Cary, when they cut you open don't lose your stuffings (play off wizard of oz).  well, it was funny then.  Anyhow, they undid some of their repair work and undeneath at the very bottom they found a blood vessel that was springing a leak.  They have sealed it and stitched him up.

Since then he has been improving.  They were watching him close in case he got "compression syndrome" to see if they would have to go back.  He's still on the ventilator. they did a 30 minute challenge and he did good for about 10 minutes and then he needed some help. They thought that was very good and will rechallenge tomorrow, with hopes to remove it if he does well enough. I pretty much spent most of the day sitting and staring at his vitals and watching all the meds and accuchecks and every once in a while reassuring him that I was there.  I was glad to see him resting, we could tell by his blood pressure and breathing.

Seeing him in the ICU and have flashbacks to when the babies were in the NICUs.  Now all my boys have been ICUers.  I don't like this trend. :)

Thank you for hanging in there with and for your fervent prayers thus far.  We pray always the LORD's will in everything.
God bless you for sharing you God's love, our cup overflows.
Amanda

4 comments:

  1. sorry for mistypes, I'm tired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, it is SO good to hear from you. Things are sounding so much more positive, and praise God for the progress he's made! Still watching and thinking of you guys constantly. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad to hear a positive update!

    ReplyDelete